Waking Finnegan

“We are such stuff as dreams are made of, and our whole life is rounded with a sleep” ~ Shakespeare

My Photo
Name:
Location: zurich, Switzerland

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Topanga Canyon Dream


Back again in Topanga Canyon of once upon a time dream-oddities. Jennifer B from Halifax is walking with me along hot dry scrubby trail. She's somehow merged with Jenny A who's really from Topanga. I'm looking back down scrubby trail seeing intermittent peeps of Pacific Ocean vastness which seems 'tilted up' and pressing against the eucalyptus openings.

She's 'narrating' like PBS about this being a Chumash Indian passage to the high Sierra Nevada "all the way to the Whitney Portals"---reminding me to boyscout times of old stinky tents and potscrubbing messes. She unrolls spectacularly detailed and secret Landsat map---patchworked, quilted and 'antique'---nevertheless ultramodern hermetically sealed in plastic coated vinyl
? Standing close to me she whispers "It requires a special lens to stitch all these places together cohesively" now smiling and pulling an egg shaped crackled glass out of her shiny patent leather handbag---it's like fine old translucent chinese porcelain which she says only exists for reading the map and now telling me that "It's a Ouija pointer"; they invented it. She's professorial now---fast-talking way over my head about esoteric Chumash secret code coordinates for moving up to the high country. "We're standing where the Sierras begin". I'm being distracted by a hive nearby. Wasps? Honeybees? Droning drones. She tells me to "Wait now"---kisses me passionately and then disappears down same sad dusty trail but away from hive buzzing. More codes and surprises? I decide to play around with the Ouija egg pointer on the secret parchment but can't unfurl it---struggling with dusty trail gusts---now squatting and peeing on the map like a girl. Bee distractions. Dryness now feels ready to explode into Angelino wildfire. I need a drink and exactly timed comes Jennifer bringing up dripping wet khaki suited canteens. She knows many secrets and allotta knowledge---I want to know her better. Realizing now that she's an artist shaman. Many ideas flashing with questions I want to ask---clumsy eroticism mixed together with something I need to know.

8 Comments:

Blogger transience said...

clumsy eroticism leaves a lot of room for error. the opportunity to make mistakes is so liberating. i like this dream. i will dream it tonight. jenny will become john.

2:14 AM  
Blogger finnegan said...

jenny will become john, who will become george ringo and paul and a world shattering foursome round-the-world you won't soon forget!

5:03 PM  
Blogger black swan said...

Hey George,

How'd you find me?

Funny, I never seem to have dreams about southern california.

bob

11:40 PM  
Blogger finnegan said...

Hey Bob,

I found you with ease. There's this scary thing called a search engine, which is better than a jet engine for finding folks and stuff.

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see you're still doing your dream logging after all these years. Great I've found you again!

9:11 PM  
Blogger Jennynyc said...

Beautiful picture. Your photos make your dream blog quite unique. I answered you back on dep/anx, and thanks for stopping by.

9:24 PM  
Blogger finnegan said...

thanks jenny--can you guess what it is?

12:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i miss you...

12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home