Waking Finnegan

“We are such stuff as dreams are made of, and our whole life is rounded with a sleep” ~ Shakespeare

My Photo
Name:
Location: zurich, Switzerland

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Griffith Park Blvd Dream


Trickling sounds mixed with car honking loops while walking home from Dufourstrasse studio in twilit space. Oooh the pretty light so I stop to take a fone-foto. I dig in my pocket for fotofone and can't figure how it opens---seemingly solid and..What!? Why isn't there...where's the hinge? Now pressing the belly and it starts buzzing wattvoltage much too strongly; something wants out...then it suddenly unfolds itself tripled, quadrupled and now cluttered dialpad on the last flap not allowing me into menu functions. I realize it's some older mobile I don't remember buying but some vague recollection reminding me that I actually had.

Street now not in Zurich. I stop walking to get my bearings. Pedestrians. Woofing doggywalks. Tired old muffler cars tread-heavy with downhill bicycles lanehopping and then a rain drop; then on my head two more. I Have to get this apparatus working (and why is it so much bigger now?) Lost in unfamiliarity and just as reverie... Eureka! Find a tiny slide which functions like a button and I hear that familiar but obscure shutter sound inside a recording sound of a shutter! Then a blue light tiny screen with spectral shapes and a fat wad of Bazooka Joe; again I hear the tell-tale shutter loop---the screen hesitates at each stoppage and I'm thinking 'It's gummed up" The pun makes me laugh---but the nowstuck mechanism is motordriving with me no longer pressing the finger slide---I'm holding it away like a wrangled snake half worried it's gonna blow.

In my old room on Grifffith Park Blvd downloading massive terrabites of serious pirated sounds in surging clusters. Myriad windows filling the screen but the BIGASS hard drive with Cadillac grill---"Oh this stuff's gonna be GOOD!" and I'm watching the analogue meters swivelling out of synch but amazingly 'in time'. I'm grinning at all THIS---What it will do for my soul. I wake up feeling mighty fine.

8 Comments:

Blogger transience said...

"I stop walking to get my bearings. Pedestrians. Woofing doggywalks. Tired old muffler cars tread-heavy with downhill bicycles lanehopping and then a rain drop; then on my head two more."

oh god. the imagery is astounding. if your spellchecker spit some words back at you, it is a lemming. you have lanehopped your downhill bicycle straight into me heart, finnegan.

3:14 AM  
Blogger finnegan said...

transience said..."if your spellchecker spit some words back at you it is a lemming"...

Aye, spit it does, me lassie. But I''ve got the solution and it works---email spellchecker to get a life; cease and desist with the schoolmarm act. Really hurts its feelings but thereafter s/he lets you get away with 'doggywalks' and 'lanehopping' right off the cliff...
or into ye heart.

8:00 AM  
Blogger transience said...

all this love exchange is warming me heart. you want another loveable word aside from insurrection and wonky? thebloggercommentsfunctionisupandrunning. now that's a beautiful word. a mouthful, but beautiful.

5:11 AM  
Blogger finnegan said...

"thebloggercommentsfunctionisupandrunning"

betyoucantsayitinyoursleep

7:19 AM  
Blogger karma said...

now why do i feel i am intruding? must be a bad dream i am having :P

1:12 PM  
Blogger finnegan said...

Karma says---"now why do i feel i am intruding? must be a bad dream i am having :P"

You may or may not be intruding even if you feel like intruding. Might be a bad dream. Might not.

I often feel like an idiot, and that's a fact.

9:56 PM  
Blogger karma said...

I never feel like an idiot, but that's fiction :P

2:20 PM  
Blogger finnegan said...

fact or fiction: are two idiots better than one or twice as bad?

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home