Waking Finnegan

“We are such stuff as dreams are made of, and our whole life is rounded with a sleep” ~ Shakespeare

My Photo
Name:
Location: zurich, Switzerland

Friday, March 04, 2005

Basel Dream


In Basel at Cécile's mom's dealing with the portioning of a hilarious giant chocolate Easter bunny with two heads having open 'O' holes for mouths like pinky blow up sex dolls with inset white chocolate buck teeth---I want to start off by pulling the teeth but everyone overseeing my ceremonial portioning at once telling me 'No don't!'. Feeling apprehensive now and not knowing what to do (this is surely an important Baseler cultural event and I won't be forgiven I know) and so now nervously passing the polewire cheese-cutter to Cécile; she gets red-faced miffed making eyes and now prodding me stiff-mouthed and ominously 'You'd better not screw this up!' Electro toothbrush cutter wire on the end of a long braided AC cord with staggered switches and some sneering macho American, drawling , menacing with no variation between his neck and head like some crew cut wigged pink ugly penis, barks 'Why don't you turn on the fuckin' jyoose you Dumbshit!' I'm contemplating sizzle-frying his eyes out with the cattle-prod, but he's HUGE and so I instead flip the top-positioned switch and the prod getting red-hot smoky and I'm blowing on it furiously and start cutting off all four massive ear flaps and it's like dense dark butter and all 'oohs and aaahs' now everything hunky dory---even with head and shoulders penis head who's now smiling and nodding at me approvingly---kids jostling to collect the chunked-out waxy shards falling from my scissorhands. Going fast at it now and there's now stopping me. I carry on carving the bunny everywhichway---all that's left is a pair of dark chocolate feet, long, lengthy supports and earless bucktoothed bunnyheads. The latticework supports I've fashioned are now becoming labyrinth-like, intricate. It's a maze and everyone now astonished at my skills---beebuzzing around and trying to get an in-close glimpse. Macho guy is impressed and quite friendly now. But where do I go from here? I'm all lost. Crossed up. Don't know how to stop. Everyone anticipating my next move...


4 Comments:

Blogger karma said...

how cruel! :P

2:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was a kid you didn't dare even look at someone's Easter Bunny.

4:33 AM  
Blogger finnegan said...

Kharma sez: 'how cruel!'

Do you mean that macho American guy? I agree. I should have bunnycut him as well.

Hey how 'bout a white Easter bunny all hennaed up like your hands?

Edible hennabunnies. Yum.

6:16 AM  
Blogger finnegan said...

Anonymous said..."When I was a kid you didn't dare even look at someone's Easter Bunny."

That's because Easter bunnies are privileged, like royalty...making the 'Reign of Terror' all the more delicious!

The ritual of eating chocolate bunnies (or any other animal shaped goodies) is so wonderfully pagan; keeps the hope light shining for the human race.

No Easter bunnies spells doom.

6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home