Waking Finnegan

“We are such stuff as dreams are made of, and our whole life is rounded with a sleep” ~ Shakespeare

My Photo
Name:
Location: zurich, Switzerland

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Sao Paulo Dream


Staring hard across a Hudson-like river---but not the Hudson---towards a high and long wall of skyscrapers---and thinking that this vast and dark mass looms like the myriad endless apartments and office buildings of Sao Paulo---where is this? It's so much bigger than New York, which now feels quaint with its stylish skyscraper clusterings---No! these are 'out there'---standing supertankers and going on and on like some horrific strip mall of poured dimly-colored concrete and steel---gargantuan, empty---many look bird-roosted, abandoned or unyet occupied. It's grey-dark twilght in my dream but the city is backlit with an eternity horizon---the vast silhouette so menacing that I decide not to cross the big river---I'm clear and unequivocal about this---I know in my dream-mind that it would mean sudden death.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good one, 'Dream Noir'

6:37 PM  
Blogger finnegan said...

Ha! Like that one. 'Dream Noir'. Should have been my blog title.

6:52 PM  
Blogger dreaming-neko said...

was the other shore tempting? was death in the water or the other side?

i've often dreamed of rooms and places that should not be entered. i think i've only explored them a few times (in nightmares)...

dark dreams are exciting and help you appreciate life~

10:43 PM  
Anonymous msdedi said...

Your photograph is very evocative, also enjoyed reading the dreaming post. Thank you for the nice comment you left on my site, and have bookmarked your site for return visits.

10:55 PM  
Blogger finnegan said...

neko, i have no idea. death felt 'in the air' and all-pervasive. perhaps the buildings were a symbol of mass of forboding relating to my own fear of what goes on 'in there'.

11:13 PM  
Blogger Puteri said...

i wish i can tell others my dreams as clear as you did. i simply can't. everything were like shattered pieces, and normally i couldn't put it all together and see the clear picture. like last nite, i was a super detective, saving my lecturer's life from a sniper, who ride really small bike. at the same time, i was choking on some cereal. what was that about about?

3:05 AM  
Blogger T-Moor said...

Nice blog, really interesting dreams you see mate!!! Thumbs up, hey and thanx for visiting my blog: T-Moor's World of Ramblings: http://t-moor.blogspot.com, why not exchange links!!!

7:53 AM  
Blogger finnegan said...

Puteri said:
"i wish i can tell others my dreams as clear as you did. i simply can't. everything were like shattered pieces, and normally i couldn't put it all together and see the clear picture"

I've mentioned my own method of remembering my dreams, which is to actually 'record' on my iPod (or tape recorder or whatever recording device you've got handy, including pen/pencil and paper). But you've GOT to do it immediately and before any other thoughts set in or you'll lose them out your noodle like a large-grid sieve. It takes a little practice, but the brain is curious that way if you 'train' it. I also go to sleep being very conscious that I'm gonna be dreaming a loo-loo.

8:05 AM  
Blogger finnegan said...

T-Moor, which language do you usually dream in, since you speak so many?

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home