Waking Finnegan

“We are such stuff as dreams are made of, and our whole life is rounded with a sleep” ~ Shakespeare

My Photo
Name:
Location: zurich, Switzerland

Monday, February 21, 2005

Poli Street Dream


Trying to learn Dreamweaver but it's no longer the same interface---looking more primitive and pixellated. Looking closely at the LCD---I go to touch it, but sparks jump off like Dorothy's ruby slippers. There's been some burning, leaving a lot of patchy real estate where blurriness prevents me from seeing clearly. I slam my laptop screen down and it comes unhinged and drops on the floor but doesn't stop streaming, and I'm wondering if this wireless technology could allow such a thing---I'm using my mouse now to control the screen documents---the mouse has a row of buttons all around its base which I'm testing now. Not all of them control the computer---one button is switching my lamp on and off; another works as a dimmer and some do nothing at all. I hit a flashing red button at the back of the screen and a car alarm goes off right in front of the house---I walk outside and am now on Poli St. in Ventura---not in Zurich. The street is much wider now, curving away from the house on the north side---the city must have re-constructed it while I was gone.....I've got my mouse in hand and see a little red diode flashing. I press it and the car alarm shuts off. Astonished, I now try out the other buttons on this---what is it a mid-1970's GM....but nothing happens. But I press the red one together with any other and something on the car is triggered. 'I've got it!' Some playing around and soon I'm coordinating them like a symphony conductor; flashing the lights, turning the ignition on and off, revving, signals and car stereo---unbelievable! I'm doing it in a syncopated rhythm---got a whole crowd 'ooohing' and 'ahhhing' now...everything going at once now, with the hydrolic suspension bouncing the car off the street and I'm like the Wizard of Oxnard.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They would love that mouse in East L.A.

11:40 PM  
Blogger finnegan said...

I figure that be you Patti. Sounds like your email responses, heh heh.

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home