Waking Finnegan

“We are such stuff as dreams are made of, and our whole life is rounded with a sleep” ~ Shakespeare

My Photo
Name:
Location: zurich, Switzerland

Sunday, January 23, 2005

January 23, 2005


At a carnaval trying to unclog a paint squirting container nozzle--add color to a fast-spinning paint support. I squeeze too hard and the whole cap shoots off and it everything splashes on the spinning canvas and splatters the people eating corn dogs at the next stand. I start cracking up and a woman grabs a plastic squeeze bottle of mustard and tries squirting the guy selling hot dogs. A bunch of police squad cars are slowly approaching with spinning lights and no sirens through the dense carnaval crowd barking something indecipherable through a bull horn. I start walking away from the paint booth and the guy working there yells 'Hey wait!' but I start moving away even faster. I'm wearing an old pair of flip-flops and the toe-hold fastener keeps popping out of the base. I throw them away and gingerly walk through the dense crowd and can see a gigantic white roller-coaster like The Colossus in the distance move towards it. As I get closer I can see that it's hundreds of times bigger--goes on and on and with insanely high drops hundreds of meters in the air. The crowd is moving together and we're now passing under the white strutted edifice with coaster cars moving above us and around us all screaming and unbelievably great. I ask some kids walking alongside if they'd been on it before. They start hee-hawing but not in a mean-spirited way. One says: 'You'd better have a good heart dude, 'cause this sucker rearranges your skeleton'. They all guffaw some more and we get to the entrance of the ride and can see a view off into the distance and it's full of roller coasters everywhere. 'We're in heaven, dude', the same guy says. We all crack up and I'm beside myself with joy.

2 Comments:

Blogger sarah irene said...

Finnegan, I like the concept.

I wish I oculd remember my dreams; I feel like I'm missing out on a big part of my own inner life.

9:15 PM  
Blogger sarah irene said...

it's a small-ish world.

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home