Waking Finnegan

“We are such stuff as dreams are made of, and our whole life is rounded with a sleep” ~ Shakespeare

My Photo
Name:
Location: zurich, Switzerland

Friday, January 21, 2005

January 21, 2005


Winds blowing, howling. Cold rain and tons of trash strewn about. I'm in Zürich. There's no one on the streets and I'm trying to walk through the windy rain and arrive at a tram stop but it's uncovered and I'm standing there with my umbrella trying to hold onto it but it's oversized and yanking on me too hard and I let it go and it flies off like a kite into the sky. Then see it descending off in the distance and worry now if it's going to hit someone. I hear a horrible crashing sound of cars just as the umbrella comes down. Car alarms and a woman begins screaming and I'm petrified and start running towards the screaming. An ambulance. Incredibly loud. I see an apothecary and there's a nurse in white working behind the counter and I'm trying to open the door but it's locked and she shakes her head 'nein'.

Sitting in a 50's style diner watching a man on his knees picking up french fries from off the floor, dipping them in a bowl of ketchup and eating them. He looks very poor and then I realize he's a homeless. He looks over to me, his eyes terribly sad. I offer my plate of un-eaten food and it falls out of my hand and shatters on the linoleum. I get down on my knees--he's there with me--we're picking up little dirty peas and bits of mashed potatoes and he's not being careful about the shards of plate and eats everything he picks up. I can smell his odor and quickly try to get away and fall backwards into a dirt pit/room where the benches had been. There are lots of dried up food bits, old newspapers and magazines scattered about. A plaid blanket with someone under it looking at me and glassy-eyed. It's the same man.

3 Comments:

Blogger RuKsaK said...

Like your writing - not your average blog dirge - blogmarked as a result

2:17 PM  
Blogger Brown Skin said...

Rio is rainny today but the chaos is outside of my head. I am in peace today.

Have a fun this weekend

6:43 PM  
Blogger Jitendra said...

Hi,

Many thanks for your nice comments on my blog, and for your good wishes which I reciprocate. Your comments bought me to your blog, and seems you now have assured a regular visitor in me.
You have real good expression and now I feel aspired with wishes to match your writing skills, which I very humbly acknowledge, am not that good at.
Wish you all the best. Will be eagrly waiting for updates on your blog.

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home