Waking Finnegan

“We are such stuff as dreams are made of, and our whole life is rounded with a sleep” ~ Shakespeare

My Photo
Name:
Location: zurich, Switzerland

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

January 19, 2005


Having breakfast at a long table with a village of tsunami survivors--can't understand how I got here or where I really am. Everyone is speaking English with an Indian accent, very kind. A priest in orange saying prayers but I can't understand what he's saying. The man sitting directly across from me is staring at me and smiling, but it's not sexual in nature--very spiritual and I can feel his vibes very clearly.

There's a group of musicians playing in the background, and it's ceremonial with hand drums and flutes and chanting. The priest at the table now takes a large bowl of dry rice and people begin passing their bowls to him one by one to receive a scoop of rice. I pass mine but the man across gestures a subtle 'no' with his head and eyes, so I stop. I'm wondering what to do.

4 Comments:

Blogger Measi said...

I've never come across a dream blog before-- it's so poetic! Thank you for introducing me to a new form. I look forward to reading your future entries. :)

Best,
Melissa (via blogclicker)

4:36 PM  
Blogger finnegan said...

Thank you for being kind enough to comment Melissa. Glad you liked it.
I'll have to eat more late-night macaroni and cheese.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

Surfed in through Blog Explosion.
Still love reading your dreams! Im not sure if I'd enjoy dreaming some of them though!

Do you record your dreams immediately that you wake? I tend to forget mine within the first minute of waking...

9:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello. yours is lovely as well !! apparently there is a whole subculture of fellow dream-bloggers of which i was unaware.

- laura jane (dream plum)

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home