Waking Finnegan

“We are such stuff as dreams are made of, and our whole life is rounded with a sleep” ~ Shakespeare

My Photo
Name:
Location: zurich, Switzerland

Monday, January 17, 2005

January 17, 2005


Playing with Ignatz the cat--she's looking at me ready to pounce and then she does and hooks her claws into my arm and it's painful but not really. I can see them in deep so I grab her at the scruff with my left hand and try to pluck her off but her claws are meat-hooked so I've got to lift and 'curve' her claws out so as not to rip off the skin. Can't get her claws out and she's struggling now-- I'm trying to hold her tight because it's all going to rip up my skin and suddenly she growls and hisses and rips free with a sudden movement. My arm isn't bleeding--Huge hunks of skin--flaps which I calmly pat back into place. No pain but I'm looking in the bathroom cabinet for some Mercurachrome. Nothing there except sad old rusty Band-Aid tins. I open one and a black spider starts coming out and I drop it into the sink horrified and now the spider is trying to crawl up sink but keeps sliding back down. I pull the plug lever and start filling the sink with hot water--the spider is swimming in circles and I feel sort of awful but now push the plug lever and the spider goes down the hole and I'm glad.

3 Comments:

Blogger mmulibra said...

Thanks for visiting my blog.

If you are coming to Japan, just inform me, glad to show you around :-)

8:04 AM  
Blogger mmulibra said...

To change the setting, you need to do it the template:

As for my leaf picture in my blog, I replace the original picture which has this url:

url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders4/bg_hdr_bot.jpg")

to your own picture, you may upload the photo into Hello and use that url instead. But you got to have a photo that is same size with the original

8:16 AM  
Blogger Jennynyc said...

That's interesting. I just dreamed about my cat! I linked you by the way. Well, you inspired me to write down my dream today. I had been slacking on my dream blog. The skin flaps and the spider imagery in your dream are great. It evokes in me a feeling of being invaded and having to fight back but feeling conflicted about it.

4:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home